Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Is The Economy Sinking?

I have been watching the stock markets very closely and my head still is spinning. I'm not sure how to read our current crisis. It seems to me that one day the stock market is rocking, and then the next day it's not. The Dow's average doesn't seem to be moving anywhere. Are stocks at a bargain price right now? There not if the market doesn't start rising again.

My suggestion right now is to move a good portion of your stocks in to money market accounts or Cd's. At least you will earn some interest in these type of accounts. Keep some of your money riding in the stock market, but keep a large portion of it earning some interest for you. If you see the stock market on a steady increase, then move more money in to stocks. I still think that mutual funds is your best bet because you keep your money diversified. The old saying use to be " when interest rates are low, stocks will grow". I don't think that holds true today. Interest rates have been down for a long time and the stock market is not growing! The stock market has been stagnate. So for now, just sit back and keep your eyes and ears open. Wait for your best possible opportunity, and then jump in.

To your Success.

No comments: